The London Mela – Europe’s largest outdoor south Asian festival, returns to Gunnersbury Park, Acton, on Sunday 31st August 2014.
Last year’s Mela was a creative triumph, spectacularly celebrating the events eleventh edition with over 80,000 people attending.
This year the festival is set to be even bigger and better than ever, with nine zones including:
- The Main Stage
- The BBC Asian Network New Music Tent
- The Community – Classical Stage
- The Magic Mela family area
- Spectacular Outdoor Arts performances
- Tastes of South Asia food market
- A huge funfair
- A craft and exhibitors market.
This free, family-friendly and universally loved event is produced by Ealing and Hounslow Councils and supported by the Mayor of London, with BBC Asian Network a major partner for the 9th successive year.
Featuring a huge variety of artists from around the world as well as a plethora of homegrown acts, the London Mela truly has something for everyone.
Watch the highlights from last year’s event below.